Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Seeing With God's Eyes

The challenge this week for the Summer of Blessing is to begin each day in prayer asking God to help you you see what he needs you to see. I just received a note from someone expanding on this prayer:

"...we need to pray unceasingly for the "vision" of the heavenly host in order to see with our transformed minds and not our eyes when we look upon the cloudy images right in front of us."

Seeing with God's eyes? We don't naturally see with God's eyes. We often see what we want to see. It takes practice and focus to learn how to put God first and what we want second because usually it is the other way around.

Imagine how incredible it would be if all of Sugar Grove's 950 people spent every day wherever they are seeking to see what God needs them to see.

Try it out. Start your day asking God to help you to see what he needs you to see. And know that I realize none of us will do this perfectly. In fact my day yesterday started kind of crazy and I realized this morning that yesterday I had never asked God to help me to see what he needed me to see... I did today!

No comments:

Post a Comment